Isela Barrios joined Hadsell Stormer & Renick, LLP in February 2015. Ms. Barrios represents union workers of UNITE HERE Local 11 in family-based immigration cases.
Prior to joining Hadsell Stormer, Ms. Barrios worked for Holguin, Garfield, Martinez & Quinonez LLP representing union workers in a variety of matters including immigration, consumer defense, and consumer bankruptcy.
Ms. Barrios graduated from California State University Los Angeles in 2001 and Southwestern Law School in 2009. During law school, Ms. Barrios was an active member of the Public Interest Law Committee and participated in various on-campus events to raise awareness and encourage involvement in providing legal services to underserved communities. During law school, she also clerked for the Los Angeles County Public Defender, Children's Law Center of Los Angeles, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, and was an extern for the Honorable Samuel L. Bufford, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California.
Prior to law school, Ms. Barrios worked for Ernst & Young, LLP as a marketing associate.
Ms. Barrios currently serves as a board member of EL ARCA, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving adults with developmental disabilities throughout Greater Los Angeles. She is also the Vice President of the Fulfillment Fund Alumni Ambassadors, an auxiliary group of the Fulfillment Fund, an organization that empowers youth through education.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- California, 2010
- Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Latina Lawyers Bar Association Scholarship Recipient
- Honors: Mexican American Bar Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- Honors: Public Interest Law Committee, Member
- Honors: Clerked for the Los Angeles County Public Defender
- Honors: Clerked for the Children’s Law Center of Los Angeles
- Honors: Clerked for the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Honors: Extern, Honorable Samuel L. Bufford, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California
- California State University Los Angeles
- B.S. - 2001
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Ernst & Young, LLP, Marketing Associate
- Holguin, Garfield, Martinez & Quinonez LLP
Pro Bono Activities
- Fulfillment Fund Alumni Ambassadors, Vice President
- Board Member of EL ARCA