Rebecca Brown joined Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai in January 2023.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Brown was the Staff Attorney and Mass Defense Coordinator with the National Lawyers Guild of Los Angeles. Ms. Brown supported class action litigation regarding use of force against protesters and successfully defended an activist against a restraining order related to protest activity. Ms. Brown also managed the Mass Defense Program, which provides legal support to protesters, and supported advocacy efforts against police violence and abuse of power.
Ms. Brown graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law with specializations in Public Interest Law and Policy and Critical Race Studies. While in law school, Ms. Brown completed internships with the Worker and Immigrant Rights Advocacy Clinic at Yale Law School, Ninth Circuit Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw, the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California Police Practices Team, and the Law Offices of Dale K. Galipo. Ms. Brown served as the Chief Executive Editor of the UCLA Law Review and the Articles Editor of the Dukeminier Awards Journal of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law. Ms. Brown received a B.A. cum laude with honors from New York University.
- J.D., University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- UCLA Law Review, Chief Executive Editor
- B.A., New York University
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Cannabis Social Equity: An Opportunity for the Revival of Affirmative Action in California, 3 Soc. Just. & Equity L.J. 205 (2019-2020)