Pasadena Antitrust & Consumer Protection Attorneys
Put 30 Years of Experience on Your Side - Serving Los Angeles
At Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP, our attorneys have extensive experience as lead counsel and co-counsel in multimillion-dollar class-action lawsuits against companies that violate antitrust and unfair competition laws and engage in deceptive practices to defraud and exploit unsuspecting customers.
Our firm is often brought in to assist other law firms that need our unique insight and class action expertise in a wide range of cases, including:
- The technology sector
- The chemical industry
Many illegal corporate practices and violations of antitrust and unfair competition laws go unchallenged for years until someone steps forward with a concern. Misrepresentation of products and services, false advertising, and other forms of consumer fraud only extend the economic imbalance in our country and cause financial losses for countless individuals.
Reach out to our team by giving us a call at (626) 775-7870 or contact us online to get started on your consumer fraud case today.
How Our Firm Can Help
Our attorneys are committed to helping clients file class-action lawsuits to expose fraud and hold companies and government entities accountable for their wrongdoings. We are equipped to investigate and analyze your claims against companies in California and nationwide to determine the best course of action.
Consumer Fraud Cases We Handle
Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP can help you if you have been the victim of many practices that violate your rights as a consumer, including the following:
- Deceptive Marketing Practices: This occurs when a seller regularly misrepresents the price of items, the condition or quality of items, or the availability of items.
- False Advertising: This happens when the goods or services a consumer receives are substantially different than what they reasonably expected because of a major flaw or defect.
- Unfair Bank & Lender Practices: This is a practice where banks and lenders add in hidden charges and expenses without proper disclosures.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Violations: This includes false claims by lenders regarding late payments or other violations of the terms of a lending agreement.
- Unfair Debt Collection Practices: This is a practice where debt collectors use deceptive and/or abusive tactics to pressure you into paying.
Victories in Antitrust and Consumer Class Actions
Notable cases include the following:
- Pinney v. Great Western Bank (United States District Court, Central District, Case No. CV 95-2110 IH, 1996).
In a ground-breaking matter brought on behalf of a class of elderly bank customers, our attorneys obtained the largest settlement of its kind against Great Western for fraudulent sales practices of $16.2 million.
- In Re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation (MDL 7269, 2014).
Antitrust class action on behalf of direct purchasers of LCD screens alleging a nationwide class for price-fixing. The case settled for more than $400,000,000.
- In Re Dynamic Random Access Memory Antitrust Litigation (MDL 1486, 2007).
Antitrust class action on behalf of consumers and business consumers of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). The case settled for more than $330 million.
- In Re Western States Wholesale Natural Gas Litigation (MDL 1566).
Settlements of over $150,000,000 in antitrust class action on behalf of California buyers of natural gas.
- In Re Methionine Antitrust Litigation (MDL 1311, 2002).
A nationwide class action on behalf of direct purchasers of methionine alleging price-fixing. The case was settled for $107,000,000.
- In Re Compact Disk Cases (J.C.C.P. No. 4123).
Antitrust class action on behalf of California consumers of prerecorded compact disks. Settled for more than $100,000,000.
- In Re Smokeless Tobacco Cases I-IV (J.C.C.P. Nos. 4250, 4258, 4259 and 4262, 2008).
Certified antitrust class action on behalf of California consumers of smokeless tobacco products. The case settled for $99,000,000 with over $25,000,000 allocated cy pres.
- Vitamin Cases (J.C.C.P. No. 4076, 2003).
Antitrust class action on behalf of California consumers of vitamins. The case was settled for $96 million.
- In Re California Indirect Purchaser MSG Antitrust Cases, (No. 304471, 2005).
Antitrust class action on behalf of California indirect purchasers of Monosodium Glutamate. The case settled for more than $11,000,000.
- In Re Urethane Cases (J.C.C.P. No. 4367, 2018).
Settlements of over $9,000,000 in antitrust class action on behalf of all California indirect purchasers of urethane and urethane chemicals. Served as Co-Liaison Counsel for Plaintiffs and investigated and vetted the 42 California organizations that were approved as recipients of the nearly $8 Million allocated cy pres.
- In Re California Polychloroprene Cases (J.C.C.P. 4376–2006).
Statewide class on behalf of indirect purchasers for polychloroprene. The matter settled in excess of $4.5 million, with more than $3 million contributed to California environmental groups.
- In Re Richard Villa et al. v. Crompton Corporation et al. (Consolidated Case No. CGC-03-419116, 2011).
Settlements of over $2,000,000 antitrust class action on behalf of California indirect purchasers of EPDM.
To learn more about how you can protect your rights and the rights of other consumers and victims of fraud, please give us a call today at (626) 775-7870 or contact us online.
Let Us Fight For You!
Barbara Hadsell Partner
Dan Stormer Partner
Randy Renick Partner
Cornelia Ho-Chin Dai Partner
Isela Barrios Partner (Legal Fund)
Denise Ballesteros Attorney (Legal Fund)
Rebecca Brown Attorney
Sarah Cayer Attorney
Hanna Chandoo Partner
Valeria De Gonzalez Partner (Legal Fund)
Nancy Hanna Partner (Legal Fund)
Brian Olney Partner
Morgan Ricketts Partner
Tanya Sukhija-Cohen Partner
David Clay Washington Partner
Contact Us Today
Call Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP at (626) 775-7870 or fill out the form below.