Pasadena Gender & Sexual Orientation Attorneys
We Fight All Forms of Discrimination in the Workplace
Our founding attorneys, partners, and entire legal team are united in the fight against workplace discrimination in all forms perpetrated against any protected class. We remain dedicated to seeking justice for people who suffer discrimination due to sex and gender bias and take great pride in our ability to thoroughly evaluate and pursue valid cases on behalf of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals.
At Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP, we work diligently to stay on the leading edge of important issues that impact the rights of LGBTQ employees in California and across the nation. Our award-winning lawyers have succeeded in establishing hostile work environment claims arising from harassment and discrimination. We have also successfully represented LGBTQ individuals who were refused employment opportunities due to their gender identity.
If you would like to learn more about your right to work in a safe and harassment-free work environment, please give us a call today at (626) 775-7870.
Examples of LGBTQ & Sexual Orientation Discrimination
In 2015, the Supreme Court held that firing individuals because of their sexual orientation or transgender status violates Title VII’s prohibition on discrimination because of sex. Examples of gender and sexual orientation discrimination covered by this landmark ruling include:
- Harassment from your employer or co-workers based on your sexual preference or gender identity
- Derogatory comments directed at you because you are homosexual, bisexual, or a transgender individual
- Being denied a job offer or promotion based on your sexual preference or gender identity
- Being treated differently by your manager after they discover your sexual orientation or gender identity
- Firing an employee because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Being denied insurance or other work benefits because of your sexual orientation or gender identity
- Actions or policies that create a hostile work environment for employees due to their sexual orientation or gender identity
- Unequal payment or underpayment because of one’s sexual orientation or gender identity
Advancing Positive Social Change Is Our Mission
Our firm’s commitment level and innovative, relentless approach to case building have fueled victories via settlement or jury verdict against high-profile entertainment companies, law enforcement agencies, large multinational corporations, school districts, and other public entities.
One notable settlement we helped reach with the Newport-Mesa Unified School District provided for extensive mandatory training on maintaining a safe, non-discriminatory environment for all students regardless of gender, sexual preference, orientation, or status.
We also obtained a settlement of over $1 million for a gay employee who suffered harassment and wrongful termination. If your employer has treated you unfairly because of your sexual preference, know that the gender and sexual orientation discrimination lawyers at Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP are prepared to fiercely advocate for your rights.
Exposing Unlawful Employment Practices
We take great pride in our stellar reputation for being a proven, longstanding resource for victims of discrimination in the workplace. We make it our top priority to treat every potential client with respect, and we will take the time to listen to your story and explain everything we can do to expose the unlawful practices of your employer.