Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- International Human Rights
- California, 2014
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, Irvine, California
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: Pro Bono Honors
- Honors: Student Bar Association, Vice Chair
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkley, California
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: International Political Economy
- Minor: Public Policy
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable John E. Dowdell, United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, Clerk
Shaleen Shanbhag joined Hadsell Stormer & Renick, LLP in August 2017. Ms. Shanbhag represents plaintiffs in civil rights, employment, and international human rights proceedings.
Prior to joining Hadsell Stormer, Ms. Shanbhag clerked for the Honorable John E. Dowdell of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. Before her judicial clerkship, Ms. Shanbhag completed a fellowship with the ACLU of Southern California, where she focused on education equity, juvenile justice, and police practices issues.
Ms. Shanbhag graduated from the University of California at Irvine School of Law in 2014 with Pro Bono Honors. While in law school, Ms. Shanbhag served as the Chapter Director for the International Refugee Assistant Project, where she provided legal aid to refugees seeking resettlement and traveled to Jordan to interview clients. During her final year of law school, Ms. Shanbhag worked with former political prisoners in Yangon, Myanmar as a member of the International Justice Clinic. Ms. Shanbhag also served as a Lead Article Editor for the UC Irvine Law Review and the Vice Chair of the Student Bar Association.
Ms. Shanbhag received her B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley in 2010.
Pro Bono Activities
- International Refugee Assistant Project, Chapter Director
- International Justice Clinic, Member