Leading Civil Rights Lawyers
Advancing our position as a leading California civil rights and constitutional law firm is a common goal of our attorneys, who have made this field their life’s work. We push boundaries and break legal ground. We strive to provide bold, visionary advocacy for our clients in every case we handle, covering a vast spectrum of rights violations and injustice.
Defending Freedoms, Safety, Privacy And Dignity In California And Globally
We take up the causes of people who have been unlawfully exploited, mistreated and damaged. This quest has brought our attorneys before the California Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of the United States, state courts of appeal and many other venues. We have achieved notable settlements and verdicts in cases involving:
- First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and assembly
- Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures
- Civil rights afforded to all citizens by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Enforcement of fair and safe housing laws
- Police brutality and misconduct
- State and federal rights to privacy
Our firm has established a specific strength in invasion-of-privacy and illegal surveillance cases, including earning a $2.75 million settlement of a class action suit against the City of Ontario, California, and serving as counsel in a suit against NASA that brought founding attorney Dan Stormer before the U.S. Supreme Court in 2010 and challenged the agency’s intrusive background investigations.
Our lawyers’ commitment to pursuing justice for violations of your civil rights does not stop at the state lines of California or national borders. Compelling, precedent-setting international human rights cases have taken us to Guantanamo Bay, Nigeria and other global locations — enabling us to battle against illegal detainment, forced labor, corporate complicity in violence and other abuses in cases such as:
- Doe v. Unocal, where we were co-counsel in a suit on behalf of Burmese villagers impacted by the use of forced labor to build a pipeline
- Bowoto v. Chevron Corp., alleging that Chevron assisted in attacks and killings of Nigerian villagers who protested their environmental and economic practices
- Obaidullah v. Obama, representing a detainee in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Turn To Lawyers Recognized As Leaders In Our Fields
For a free evaluation of your potential employment law, civil rights or class action case, we invite you to contact us online or call our international, toll-free hotline at 866-457-2590 for a free consultation.