Experienced Employment Discrimination Attorneys
Although people certainly do not live solely to work, most people must work to live and support their families. What we do for a living often defines who we are. Victims of job discrimination too often suffer in silence because of their fear of retaliation if they were to speak out. This makes their courage in coming forward all the more remarkable. Our lawyers give their all to reward that courage through legal action.
In 1991, Dan Stormer won a $17 million sex discrimination verdict in a sex discrimination case against Texaco, and Barbara Hadsell won a $4 million verdict in a sexual harassment case against the Long Beach Police Department. Since that time, attorneys at our firm have litigated many cutting-edge discrimination issues, including discrimination on the basis of transgender status and discrimination against domestic violence victims.
Defenders Of Constitutional Rights And Workers In All Sectors
The Civil Rights Act of 1964, combined with other federal and California state laws, prohibits many forms of employment discrimination, and our efforts in this legal area have covered the spectrum of protected classes. Our employment discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles have taken action against perpetrators of:
- National origin, religious and race discrimination
- Age discrimination
- Gender, sexual orientation and pregnancy discrimination
- Unfair denials of family and medical leave
- Refusals to make reasonable accommodations and other violations of disability rights
Our successes have enforced accountability for employment discrimination on numerous public entities and major corporations. Beyond the seminal cases above, results have included:
- A $1.1 million confidential settlement for three public entity employees who claimed retaliation against them for complaining of workplace discrimination and supporting others’ claims
- A settlement of over $1.3 million for two City of El Segundo employees harassed because of gender and race
Turn To Proven, Caring Lawyers Who Will Explain Your Rights
Stereotypes, use of epithets, unlawful workplace rules and different standards for different workers are just some of the factors in discrimination claims. Victims suffer wrongful termination, denials of promotion, wage inequity and other serious consequences, often also including serious emotional distress.
For a free evaluation of your potential employment law, civil rights or class action case, we invite you to contact us.